Did you know video captioning quality for education must meet or exceed 99% accuracy to be considered compliant?
Educators and educational institutions are responsible for implementing 99% accurate captions for all media to comply with federal, state and institutional laws and guidelines. To understand these requirements the Captioning Accuracy Requirements For Education ebook examines the criteria for accuracy laws and guidelines that apply to all educational media captioning.
For education, in particular, accurate and timely captioning of videos are essential to student success. If captions are poor, online education becomes an exercise in frustration. To enable the best possible learning outcomes, captioned content needs a high level of accuracy.
Captioning Accuracy Requirements For Education. A comprehensive 10-page ebook that outlines the criteria used to measure caption accuracy as well as provides definitions and helpful captioning resources.
- Federal accuracy requirement definition.
- Detailed examination of the four criteria used to assess compliant captioning.
- Quality measurement with example quality caption assessment.
- Checklist to create accurate captions for education.
- Accessibility resource links for state and federal agencies.
Successful educators we work with: